- *Digging or raking in dirt or sand (Use spoons or shovels or empty containers)
- *Pushing or pulling a wagon (Load the wagon with something heavy and take stuffed animals for a walk)
- Dance to music in the grass
- Take a walk to search for rocks
- *Have your child carry a small bag or backpack that the rocks can fit in
- Draw with chalk while lying on belly or roll the chalk with your hand or foot
- Chase after bubbles by running and jumping (may be safest to do while in the grass)
- Play in water
- *Picking up and dumping out buckets of water; can also use water bottles or empty containers
- Use large paint brushes to dip in water and paint the sidewalk and watch it go away.
Words that are underlined can be used as target words during that activity.
*Can be used as a sensory calming activity.